Saturday, August 23, 2014

JT - I'm alive

Aug 22, 2014

Dear family/friends,

I am here at the MTC on my 2nd full day. I'm doing great and I am learning so much already. As soon as you dropped me off I felt like this is where I am supposed to be. They threw us in the classroom right away and the teacher used full on Japanese the whole time. It threw me off but I am now starting to get it. The spirit here is so strong and I have never felt it this often or this much in my life. My companion is Elder Ross from Murray and I feel that we get along well. I think my hardest challenge is learning the Language. Japanese is so hard but I am starting to remember the Japanese that I learned in school.
Just so you know, I'll be staying in the MTC for 9 weeks, not 6. that means that I fly to Japan on about the 20th of October which is just before Weston gets to the MTC.
The food here is great! You don't have to worry about me going hungry because every single meal is like an all you can eat buffet! I am getting so fat here.
My district is awesome. They each have a strong testimony and are all so friendly and likeable. there are 8 elders and 4 sisters in my district and we are all going to Kobe. I feel like we can all get along well and will become like a family. I am the "senior companion" right now and about half way through our stay at the MTC, my companion and I will switch.
Life is so busy here. We are in the classroom at least 9 hours a day. Our P day is on Thursday, but they are allowing us to email our family because they are teaching us how to use the computers right now, so i don't have a lot of time. At the end of each day, I feel so exhausted. It's not physical exhaustion though, it's mental and spiritual. Trying to understand japanese is brain wracking and frusturating at times. I'm just grateful that I know at least a little bit because otherwise I would be so lost. Yesterday, they taught us how to pray in japanese and that is awesome when I understand what I'm saying. I run into a lot of missionaries going to the Philippines and It makes me envious that I can understand Tagalog but I have to learn to understand Japanese, but i know with the lord's help I can get it.
I don't have anymore time but I will email later and will appreciate hand written letters. I love you all so much. I will send pictures on P day as well.

Love,
Elder JT Lamoreaux/ Lamoreaux Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment