Monday, February 1, 2016

JT - "Your district is doubling." Wait, what?!

Dear Everyone,

So transfer calls came last week and I stayed in Higashi Osaka! But Elder Parkin gyipsyed (getting transferred out of an area after just one transfer.) so, I now have a new companion! His name is Elder Clarkson and he is from Kanab Utah. He is fourth transfer, only been in Japan for about 5 months. He is way awesome and we get along well. It will be a great transfer and we will see miracles. He has also been really good at helping me out when stresses and frustrations come, which happens every now and then as Senior Companion and District Leader.

Also, another surprise this transfer. I got a call from my zone leader and he says "I've got some news for you! You will have six new people in your district!" So, that happened. For some reason (I still don't know why) they decided to combine the Higashi Osaka District and the Hirakata District, so now I am District Leader over 12 missionaries, twice the size of my districts in the past. Life just got a lot busier (twice as busy) here in the life of Elder Lamoreaux. Please pray for me! I'm gonna need all the help I can get!

But, I am really excited for this opportunity to grow and to help and serve these missionaries. It will be a big learning opportunity for me and I know we will see miracles in this district. Hooray for Dendo!!

Anyways, with transfers, it was a really interesting week. We spent all of Wednesday packing and saying bye for Elder Parkin and then got our new companions on Thursday. The past couple days have been mostly finding; trying to find those who are ready to hear the gospel. We taught a few lessons, but still no real new investigators. But, we both have faith that things are going to turn around and that as long as we try to do what the Lord wants us to do, we will see success here and will see the fruits of our efforts. Friday was particularly hard because it was raining like crazy all day! My everything was wet and soaking and there was nobody outside because honestly, who would want to? No one wanted to answer their doors either, so it was quite a struggle. But we still went out because of the hope that "the more you do rain dendo, the more attractive your wife becomes." I like that philosophy.

So, there really wasn't much going on this week. A scripture that I came upon this week was D&C 64:33-34 "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days." I love that and it has given me comfort this week. I have a testimony that this is true. Sometimes in life it feels as if things don't go well, or you don't feel like you are making a difference. My advice and the Lord's advice in this scripture is "be not weary in well-doing." As long as you are doing what you are supposed to do, God will bless you. He doesn't really require the immediate results of our efforts. All he requires is "the heart and a willing mind." As long as we are obedient, we will taste of the fruit of success. It may not come fast, but it will come.

Love you all! I can't believe it is February already! Wow time flies. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部


Final Picture as a district

Last Eikaiwa with Sister Chapman and Elder Parkin

No comments:

Post a Comment