Monday, June 13, 2016

JT - Long bus ride, new glasses, hard work.

Dear Everyone,

This week, we didn't have much change in investigator's progress, and there isn't much to report. However, I'll talk about some of our experiences this week!

On Wednesday, we took a long bus ride to go on Kokan with the zone leaders. (One of them is Elder Madruga from my MTC district!) it was a 4 hour bus ride to a place called Izumo. It has one of the coolest kanji's I've seen (出雲). It is a rural place, with not many tall buildings. There are also a lot of Brazillian people there, so the missionaries that serve there are usually ones who can speak Portuguese. I went with Elder Matsumoto (who was trained by my second companion, Elder Scowcroft.) We had a pretty successful day and I learned a lot that I have been trying to apply to my own Dendo. I also learned a lot about faith from him. It was really cloudy, but the weather for cast said that it wasn't supposed to rain, so we didn't have any rain coat or anything. We went into a restaurant to eat food. As we were waiting for our food, we see that it is raining hard outside. We were very worried about going out there, because we still had a good 4 hours left of dendo time. So, we finished eating and went outside of the restaurant and it was still raining. In my head, I was thinking, "I don't want to go out there. It is gonna be horrible." But, Elder Matsumoto said "ahh, I want to help people! It will be hard in the rain." So, we put on our helmets and went. I was pretty amazed because as soon as we started riding out, the rain got lighter and lighter until it stopped. The rest of the night, we went to a few different apartment buildings and every time we were inside knocking on apartments, the rain came back. Every Time we finished an apartment and got back outside, the rain stopped! Now why did that happen? I thought about the attitudes of me and Elder Matsumoto. My attitude was focused on myself. "I don't want to do this. I'm gonna get wet." Whereas, Elder Matsumoto's was "I want to help THEM." Because of that selfless attitude, God allowed the rain to stop while we were outside, allowing us to better help those who need it. Faith is a principle of action and power. Therefore, we look outwards, rather than inwards. We act on faith and then God will provide the way for us to accomplish his works. If it was according to my attitude, we would have still gone out and knocked on apartments, but I'm sure that the rain would've poured and we wouldn't have talked to those that we talked to. It was a cool experience and I learned that there is a lot that I still need to work on.

We had a cool lesson with our man Vietnamese investigator, and Moose with a couple members present. We taught the whole plan of salvation in an easy to understand way and related it to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love how it all just connects and makes so much sense to me now. We used a whiteboard and a cool diagram of the Plan of Salvation. (I don't know who drew it...) I'll attach a picture of it.
   


It was a busy week and despite being out of our area for almost 2 days, we were able to teach more than 20 lessons. It was a good week; a week that really increased my faith. Miracles will happen here, soon. Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部


   
I bought glasses!  (They are just sunglasses but clear lenses.)  What do you think?


We went to Seminary with my zone leader, Elder Matsumoto, who served in Okayama a year ago, when he was a young missionary.  They remembered him.


Okayama Zone!  I love us.

We watched  "The Testaments" and had a lesson afterwards.

Japanese people eat raw eggs all the time.  Yup...Don't judge me.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment