Monday, July 25, 2016

JT - Final Interview, and a test in Seminary!

Dear Everyone,

How is everyone this week? It was a really good week for Okayama and for our district. We taught a huge number of lessons as a district!  Everyone hit the standards and more! I am very proud of the district.

So we had a really good lesson with a less-active member's non-member mother who has started to listen to the lessons. We had a member sit in on the lesson and she was perfect for this investigator. They became good friends. We were planning on teaching about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but we were led to change it completely and teach the Restoration through Joseph Smith. This investigator was really into the lesson and asked many questions that were perfectly answered by the Restoration. The coolest part of this lesson, however, was the less-active member. He listened intently to all that was said and he was even reading in the Book of Mormon a little bit during the lesson. I think he felt the spirit and was thinking hard about what he was feeling. It was cool to see. I learned the power of having members join you in the teaching. This is what missionary work should be.

On Thursday, I had my final interview with President Welch. That was a bitter sweet moment. Sweet- I had an extra long time to talk to President Welch one-on-one, got a new Temple Recommend, and I was also able to learn a lot of advice that will help me out for the rest of my life. I am truly grateful for all that President and Sister Welch has done for me. I can feel their love for me and the other missionaries everytime I see them. These things that were said in this interview will be with me for the rest of my life. I am so grateful for this mission. The bitter was that this is my last interview!.... I could talk to them for hours.. I only had 40 ish minutes. It was such a cool experience. After the interviews, President and Sister Welch came into our apartment and had a look at it. That was scary, but we passed!

We go to Seminary every morning here in Okayama. Now in the seminary course, the students need to take a test in order to pass seminary. I never had to do that when I was in Seminary. Well, on Friday, they took the Old Testament test and my companion and I decided to take it as well. It was obviously all in Japanese, but I was actually able to finish all of it in time! We'll have to see what score I get!

I'm really grateful for the mission. I'm grateful for the church. I've learned so much about the important things in life. Scripture of the week is 3 Nephi 13:22 "The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." When we are faithfully living the gospel, it will show in our appearance. The light of Christ will shine in your eyes and others will see your example. Truly, modest is hottest.

Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部


   
The District this transfer!  Left to right;  Elder Yardley, Elder Van Cleave, me, Elder Miles, Sister Baird, Sister Nielson, Elder Korth and Elder Anthony.  Great missionaries, we killed it this week!


Sushi Roll for Elder Yardley's year mark!

Bad picture... We took a hike early in the morning and watched a sunrise with an investigator and the Sister missionaries!  Fun time!
Here's some cool pictures!


LOVE!

JESUS







Dinner at the Bishop's house yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment