Friday, October 31, 2014

Weston - Happy Halloween From Elder Lamoreaux #3

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!
So you know how in that movie, The Best Two Years when they're getting mail? He's reading the names of the missionaries who got mail, and all of the letters are for Elder Van Pelt? Well, that was me. Elder Lamoreaux, Elder Lamoreaux, Elder Lamoreaux, Elder Lamoreaux, Elder Lamoreaux. I received 19 letters this week! That's crazy! I love it so much! Its so nice to hear about daily life back at home... I mean two miles away:) I leave Monday Morning for Detroit. We leave at 3:30 in the morning. I'm not sure how the phone calls work. If I can call more than one person, how long, and I don't even know when I can make the call so just be ready by your phone:) 
 The time here at the MTC has flown by. I wish I could tell you about every single experience but I just don't have the time. Heavenly Father has blessed me with incredible things every day that I've been here. I have felt the spirit so strong like never before in my life. Sometimes I'll just start speaking and have no idea why, but the words just come to me and I say incredible spiritual things that help inspire the missionaries in our zone that Elder Oviatt and I are responsible for. My companion and I have been told that we are leaders by both are fellow missionaries, and our teachers. Elder Oviatt is very good at connecting to people. He leads our conversations with our role play investigators. When he gets stuck is when I come in. I'm still very quiet but when I talk I say something short, simple, and profound. I discovered that's what I'm good at, finding scriptures and life stories and other things and connecting them all together. I know that we teach with the spirit. I can feel it so strongly when I talk to investigators, and we try to get them to feel that as well. In my patriarchal blessing it tells me that I learn quickly and easily, not just once but twice. I've never really understood why because I haven't ever learned anything quickly and easily. That was until I came to the MTC. That blessing has been fulfilled. I can pick things up so fast since I've been here. That is just one of many amazing blessings I've felt here. This morning I was able to go to the temple and do endowments:) We love to play Frisbee on the field in front of the MTC. I've been looking for people that I know and I think I saw Grandpa Lamoreaux in his Chevy:) Thank you all so much for all of the letters and the care package! the Elders in my district loved it:) I have felt your prayers for me in abundance. Thank you so much. I love you all so much
love,
Elder Lamoreaux

1 comment: