Monday, April 11, 2016

JT - Conference Weekend!

Dear everyone,

Holy cow this church is true! I loved conference and I learned so much! But, it was the fastest conference weekend of my life. I remember when I was little where sitting down for 2 whole hours for Priesthood session was so hard! But, all 10 hours felt like it went by in 2 hours. I want more! But, I've got enough to study and learn for the next 6 months, so I guess it's okay. It was just so good.

This week was an awesome week and we saw many small miracles.  Everything from a random Less-Active member finding us and telling us why she hasn't been to church, to a bunch of other random people wanting to talk to us. We were doing some finding at a nearby college and in the span of an hour and a half, we were able to teach 8 different people about Jesus Christ and what we do as missionaries. It felt like every time we started walking, another person would say, "hey! Who are you?" It was awesome and we were able to make a couple return appointments with people. It was crazy. The Lord's hand truly is in everything and his work is hastening, quite miraculously.

We were also able to have 3 of our investigators come to watch at least one session of conference. It was a great opportunity for them.  They loved it and they learned a lot about what they want to do with their life. It was a special feeling to see them take notes during conference and finding out what God wants them to learn. It's kind of like watching your kid finally grow up (I'm guessing... I don't have any kids.) way cool.

Time is flying so fast. Next week is transfer announcements and it feels like the transfer just started. I can't believe that I only have 4 months left on my mission. I learned a lot from conference that charged me and will allow me to work hard these next couple months. One of my favorite parts of the mission is the chance I have to change myself. I've gone through a lot of experiences on my mission that I never had imagined I would go through and because of that, I am a better person now than I was a year and a half ago. I will continue to change and improve. The beauty of the gospel is that this improvement and change never has to stop. We believe in eternal progression. Think about that. Even Heavenly Father is improving. How can he, isn't he already perfect? I don't know how, but he is, somehow. There is no end. I love that.

We are so blessed to have God's true church on the earth. Only by living this perfect gospel can we find balance and happiness and peace in this insane world. There are so many bad influences in the world and we need the guidance and trust of our leaders and of the Holy Ghost. I know that the First Presidency and Twelve Apostles are called of God and they know exactly what we are facing. I sustain them all as prophets, seers and revelators. Thomas S. Monson is God's chosen servant and he holds all of the keys of the priesthood, which keys give us blessings without measure.

Love you all! Have a great week! Don't forget the things you learned from conference! You have heavenly help!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部


   
View of Kyoto!
   


Members from Nishiwaki!!! Ahhh miss it so much!





Sakura! (cherry tree - blossoms)















The Kyoto ring!

Randomly met a church member from Taiwan who knows Ben and Yumiko Sainsbury!  What a small world.  The was another miracle.

A park near our apartment.



Osaka zone and the AP's at ZTM.  Elder Sano is dying.

Eating lunch with some of the zone.

Random perverted college students.

Left:  normal American Pringles.  Right:  Pringles in Japan... Yup I like America.

We went to Holland today!  A cool park in the neighboring area that we went to today.






We found this, didn't make it...

No comments:

Post a Comment