Monday, April 18, 2016

JT - Last week in Higashi Osaka

Dear Everyone,

So this was the fastest transfer of my life. Went by in a flash and I can't believe it. As the title says, this was my last week in Higashi Osaka. I've been here for 6 months now, so it was very likely and I wasn't surprised about it. However, I have no idea where I will be going. My zone leaders just said I'm transferring and I'm not in Osaka zone. We'll see where I go soon. I'm hoping it is somewhere "Inaka" (English translation- countryside?)

So, the last week here was pretty crazy. Not exactly the positive crazy either. Let's just say some problems arose and we have been trying to work with the ward and try to be united with the ward. It was a hard week. But, other than that, it was a normal week. Not too much success, but 'Tis missionary work sometimes.

We did have a miracle on Sunday morning. We woke up at 6:30 like always and I looked at the phone and saw that we had a text from one of our investigators (the one from China who came to conference last week.) he said that he couldn't come to church, but he also said "I want to talk to you missionaries about baptism, do you have time on Tuesday?" And then another text that said "also, I want to get baptized." SWEET! I really think General Conference is what helped him make the decision. So, we will meet with him and then pick a date for his baptism. I probably won't be able to go to it, but either way, I am so glad that he is willing to take this step. Miracles happen!

I've learned so much in my personal studies recently. Right now, I am trying to find and write down connections from the talks of the First Presidency and Twelve Apostles and so far, I've expanded my understanding of the messages we hear from conference. One talk that I read that really had an impact on me was President Nelson "The Price of Priesthood Power." I learned that I need to live worthy for this priesthood power every single minute of everyday. Also, I need to seek to expand my knowledge of the gospel and seek to receive spiritual gifts. It is not enough to be a "Sunday Christian". True Priesthood power comes from everyday choices and actions. Here is a quote that I love "Only a man who has paid the price for priesthood power will be able to bring miracles to those he loves and keep his marriage and family safe, now and throughout eternity."

Yeah, I've learned a lot in this area. I feel like most of my time here was for me to learn about myself and the way this church works. I am grateful for my time in Higashi Osaka.

Have a great week! The church is true! Always, keep smiling and give 'em Heaven!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部


  


Last district meeting of the transfer.  We are all so awesome and it shows in our awesome group pictures.  The bottom one is something the Japanese school kids do to line up.


   

This is our Ward Mission Leader!  I love this guy a lot.
   


Went to see some Cherry Blossoms with some Eikaiwa students.  So many people and so many Cherry Blossoms.  Really hard to take good pictures though...

This is the last time I meet with this investigator.  

Love this guy so much!  He is going to Utah the day after I go home, so he might go to my homecoming talk!  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment