Monday, April 6, 2015

JT - The end of my 西脇 reign...

Dear Everyone,
So the news came and I am transferring. I am leaving Nishiwaki and I am going to a place called Kitaroko. My new companion is Elder Isaac. I don't know who he is yet, but it's going to be great. I heard a little bit about the area. It is actually a ward! They have about 100 people come every week, so it will be a big change. It is one of the biggest wards in the mission. I'm excited but I hate to leave Nishiwaki. I love this place, but I guess I've been here long enough. I am so grateful for Facebook now because I can be connected to them somehow. Anyway, I am excited for this new experience. I hear good things about Kitaroko and I am very excited. I'll be moving on Thursday, so I have a couple days to say bye to everyone. I'm also kinda bummed because of our Filipino investigator being baptized at the end of the month, but it will be okay. I'll still be just as happy. I love Nishiwaki.
So you know how I said that Elder Scowcroft got sick last week? I caught his sickness this week, so we have been stuck in the apartment a couple days this week. It's not bad though, I'm already over it. I was able to get a lot of study down though which was good. So this week, we didn't teach a lot, but we were able to teach our Filipino investigator a couple times. He is looking so good for his Baptism. I am so excited for him. It seems like he has no problems that would stop him from being baptized. We read 1 Nephi 1 together with him. (I read it in Tagalog with him. That was fun, but I didn't understand all of it.) after we read he said, "after reading that, I believe more" which was really reassuring. He will be great!
We went to Himeji today, so this is a quick email. I went here before, but they were renovating the inside of it, so I wasn't able to go in, but today, it was open, so we were able to go in. Also, the cherry blossoms are out, so there is pink blossoms everywhere! It is so pretty, I'll attach pictures, but will send most of them next week (there are a lot and I am running out of time). It was a great experience.
I'll have more next week! Sorry it is kinda short. I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Lamoreaux

P.S. I started using the "Hang Loose" sign... Don't laugh at me, it works haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment