Monday, August 24, 2015

JT - Adventures of a 3人

Hello everyone!

This week was, like the title implies, an adventure. First, let me tell you that a three-person companionship is weird in the mission field. This week was filled with getting Elder Brown ready to go home, and "last" appointments with people. Finding was really hard because Japanese people are really scared when they see 2 Americans and a Japanese looking guy who can't speak Japanese (me) coming towards them. So finding was not productive at all. Much of the week was going with Elder Brown getting last things before he goes and packing and also getting the area ready for when he leaves. Very strange week. On Wednesday, we found a pretty cool park where we took some pictures and tried to talk to people. That was maybe the coolest part of the week to be honest! Really, nothing noteworthy happened this week! Sorry everyone!

 





Well, this past Thursday (20th) was my year mark (hump day)!! To celebrate, we had lunch at スシロー Sushi roll!! I love that place so much! Sushi is definitely my favorite food in Japan. It was a very enjoyable thing to do to celebrate 1 year. It is crazy to think that it has been a year.

 


I have had some reflections regarding what has happened this past year. I have learned SO MUCH about myself, and about the most important things in life. I have had many hard experiences through which I have learned about my weaknesses as well as my strengths. I have learned to rely and put my whole trust in my Father in Heaven. I have gained a testimony of His love for each one of his children, which love we cannot begin to comprehend. Through serving my mission so far, I realize and am beginning to understand the importance of living the principles of the gospel everyday, everyday, everyday. Things I took for granted before my mission are now my most prized 'possessions', if you could call it that. I gained a better love for my family and friends that I hold dear. I learned the importance of family, and I have gained an excitement to one day have my own family for time and for all eternity. Although I haven't experienced very many "big" miracles, I understand that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." I testify that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that if and only if you abide by the teachings of that book can you find true happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. I have gained an appreciation for the Plan of Salvation, which I never truly understood before the mission. By living in a place like Japan, I have come to cherish the truths which were taught to me by my parents and in Primary. I am a firm believer that "everything I need to know, I learned in Primary." I know that as long as long as I am doing my best, God is happy with me, and everything will fall into place. I have learned to love the Japanese people and I feel so blessed to be able to see the incredible faith of these righteous members in these small branches in Maizuru and Nishiwaki, as well as in a bigger ward, Kitarokko. It has been a hard year, but a great one nonetheless. Here's to one more year of giving your "heart, might, mind and strength."

Well, now we are back to a regular companionship. Right now, Elder Brown is flying in the air on his way to Utah. So, the adventures of the 3人 has come to an end. Well everyone, I hope you have a great week and remember that the Lord is always with you! Love you all, keep smilin' and give 'em Heaven!!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部



Lumpia at Family Home Evening!!!  So Natsukahii! (missed, nostalgic, etc)



This is our Eikaiwa that we do every Wednesday (different from the one that the missionaries teach at church).  This was Elder Brown's last one, so they took a picture and had a little party.

3 hour train ride selfie :)

This is the Maizuru district!  Elder Brown's last district meeting.  So from now on, I will be working as District Leader for this awesome district!


Most of Maizuru Branch for Elder Brown's last day!  Love all these people!

No comments:

Post a Comment