Monday, August 31, 2015

Weston - Chelsea, Michigan

THE BOONIES! CHELSEA, MI! Its a gigantic area with five townships. Chelsea is the township in the middle of the area and it is also the largest but its very small. The Ward here is amazing and they are very very helpful with missionary work. We are working with members very heavily. It's an amazing ward though. SO BIG! I am trying to adjust but I've been in Detroit my whole mission, so going from a tiny branch to this giant ward is crazy. They have to open the gym and set up chairs to fit all of the people in this ward. The people here are the exact opposite of Detroiters. They are also some of the kindest people I have ever met.... Most of them.... But so far I'm loving it. I have to adjust a lot of my teaching for the people here because they just learn so differently. Everyone We talk to are farmers and Cowboys and I feel like I can connect to them well in that aspect. My new greenie is doing well. I get a long with him great and we can learn together really well. We have a lot of unity when teaching. I'm really excited about this area. It has so much potential. This Ward was just a branch about seven years ago. It has grown so much and is filled to the brim with recent converts. 
I am so grateful to be here and I am learning so much. 
I Love you all so much and am always thinking about you,
Elder Lamoreaux 
My new address is 216 Harrison #102 Chelsea, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment