Sunday, November 23, 2014

JT - Going to Himeiji

This might be another short email day... We are leaving to go see Himeiji castle so maybe we can use the iPad again. sorry for that again.

Later that day...

On the iPad!

So I'm back! This week, nothing much happened. We went to the mission home on Tuesday for zone conference. That was really fun and informative. They taught us how to use the Book of Mormon better in our lessons. They also challenged us to read the whole Book of Mormon by the end of February. I'm really excited for that opportunity and I'm already done with 2nd Nephi. I've learned so much already and I think it helps that I am immersed in the gospel everyday. It's all I do haha. I want to issue that same challenge for you. Anyone that reads this, I encourage  you to start and finish the Book of Mormon by the end of April. I'll give you April because you are busy living life and what not. But I encourage you to read at least a little bit everyday and to mark favorite scriptures. Liken them into your own life. It will bless your life . I'm excited to hear about your reading if you will take this challenge it will bless your life I promise you that.
We actually found a cool person yesterday while housing. She opened the door and she didn't look Japanese, but her Japanese was good. She stopped us and asked, "the Mormons?" We said yeah and she said that she was a member! She is also Filipino and she has been looking for a church for a long time. So she is going to go to church next week. That was a cool experience but I'm sorry to say that I have no idea how to speak Tagalog. It left me completely... If someone speaks to me, I'm sure I can understand but speaking is gone....
Anyway, I'm still doing good. Have a great Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I will miss the food and the Holidays but I hope you have a great one. Love you all!
Love
Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment