Monday, November 24, 2014

Weston - Exciting Week

So a couple of days ago it was a whopping 17 degrees outside while we were tracting. We came to this one house and knocked on the door. The lady answered the door with a handgun in her hand. She said it was too cold outside to talk to us, and when we asked if we could come in and teach her she asked us if it was fine if she kept the gun pointed at us the whole time. We told her we'll come back on a warmer day:) She told us that she was actually looking for a new church and was interested in what we had to say. It snowed like crazy here so instead of biking 10-15 miles every day we're walking 10-15 miles every day. My companion and I had an appointment fall through and we were walking back to our apartment when all of the sudden my companion turns and decides to start tracting. The second door we knock on a lady invites us in,and tells us that her 18 year old son really needed a message right now. Turns out that a few hours before we arrived the son had received in the mail, the results of a test he took to see if his one year old daughter was really his. The results showed a 0% possibility of the baby girl being his. He didn't speak a word to us. He just handed my companion the letter he got from the doctors. My companion and I had no idea what to tell him. We shared a message about forgiveness and how maybe he could still find happiness with his girlfriend and this baby. He loved both of them very much before those results came. We talked to him about families and how they are a gift from our Heavenly father. I'm not sure what effect we had but I do know that our Heavenly father had brought us to that house for that 18 year old kid whose world was falling apart at that time. We're going to be going back to talk with him sometime this week.
I love you all very much and I am so grateful for all of you! 
Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment