Monday, January 26, 2015

JT - Very Good Week



Dear Everyone,

I am currently writing this while I am soaking wet. It feels like I just went swimming. It is raining a ton right now and I don't really like it haha.
So this week was really successful. We were able to teach more lessons than our goal which was a first for me. Everyone seemed like they were opening their door. It was pretty insane. So, the teaching pool right now is bigger than it has been for a while and that is good because sometimes, finding becomes monotonous. So It was really fun. It amazes me how much the Lord's hand is in each of our lives. I meet tons of different people everyday and each of them have a completely different story to tell. However, each of those lives have been influenced by God in some way, even if they don't know it. I have found that out this week. God's hand is in everything. There is no way I can deny that.
Things have been going great lately. The weather isn't very cold, my companion is great, Nishiwaki is always so amazing. My companion always says that the field in Nishiwaki is not just white all ready to harvest; the harvest is on the ground and we are just picking it up. Lately it has felt like that, but that doesn't mean we can let up. It's one thing to teach a ton of lessons, but all in all, they have to have a desire to learn more and to keep commitments and to be baptized. Me, as a missionary, cannot control what they do. We are only with them for maybe an hour a week, the rest of the time is them and the Lord. We just have to keep planting seeds and with God's help, it will all work for the best. I love it here in Nishiwaki.
This is a pretty short email. I honestly don't know what else to say... I'll just share my favorite scripture since I've been out on my mission. Isaiah 41:10 and 13. I might have already shared it at some point but it is really good, so I'll share it again. "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."
No matter what happens in life, Heavenly Father is always there. Friends will come and go, some will stay, but have faith that Heavenly Father will never leave your side. Trust that everything he does will be for your good and for your benefit. With that knowledge, life is happy, no matter what goes on in life, that hope will make you happy. That is the "magic" of this gospel and this is what people in the world are missing. This is why missionary work happens; to bring souls closer to Christ so that they can have hope through the Atonement. (Moroni 7:41) A reassurance that everything will be okay if we endure and do all that we are supposed to do. Heavenly Father loves you.
So, that's it for this week and that's it for January I guess. It's flying by... Have a great week everybody! Love you all!
Love,
Elder Lamoreaux

A cool place next to our apartment




After District Meeting at a Ramen place.

Kiki Choro reading and cooking. That's mission life



No comments:

Post a Comment