Monday, March 21, 2016

Weston - February 29, 2016

We had a good week this week. We found Seven new investigators and three of them have a baptismal date. Yesterday we had three less-active members at church which was a great thing. My Arabic continues to get better:) this week we were given a ride to stake conference by a member of the ward who was originally Muslim and from Lebanon. He has been baptized for about three years now. I talked to him during the car ride and helped me get some of my Arabic straight. It was very helpful. A couple days latter I had the opportunity to try my Arabic for the first time, for real while we were Knocking on doors. The person answered "Do you speak English?" I asked. "No" he said. I then said "anaa tataHddatho giddon sageer al-araybia." ( I speak very small Arabic) He just kind of smiled and laughed and said "No" again. Then we walked away. The man didn't speak Arabic either. He was Bangladesh. It was a good experience for me none the less:) Last Monday was my 16 Month mark. Everyone is making sure that I remember. Its killing me:) I love and miss you too. I am praying for all of you constantly. I hope you all have a good week.
Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment