Monday, March 21, 2016

Weston - Oct. 5, 2015

So much to say and not much time to say it:) I loved conference. I was thinking the same thing while I was watching: all of you are watching these things take place the same time I was. Did you watch Elder Lawrence's talk? It was super weird to see him just a few weeks ago and there he was again, talking to 15 million people:) I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do when I get home. The church has a new pathways program that is done through BYU-Idaho. I have a paper back in my apartment I can send to you about it. Basically it just helps you get started in college and provides cheap college credit. I think I want to do that, then go to UVU and start going into welding. Hopefully I can get a Job welding quickly and I can use that to help me pay for the rest of my college. I think ultimately I want to Major in engineering. I'm thinking of maybe finishing my college at BYU. I'm not sure yet. Education has become a lot more important to me since I've come on my mission
The Blitz was very very good for the young men in preparing them for their missions, but as far as our area is concerned we did not gain any new investigators from that. SAW A AMAZING MIRACLE THIS WEEK THOUGH! You now how we have been doing heavy member missionary work? It finally paid off! We had a lesson with this family. We taught them a similar lesson to the one I talked about before with Grandpa Parrots conversion story. At the end of each lesson we invite the members to pray and fast about someone specifically that they have been thinking about sharing the gospel with. (Alma 6:6) This family we taught told us they already has someone in mind and committed to pray and fast for them. Last Monday evening we got a phone call from them and they told us they had invited their next door neighbor to come over for dinner and take the first missionary discussion. The member was having a conversation with her that resulted in her telling the member she was going through a real tough time right now. The lady then asked the member what church she went to and that she was looking for something in her life to help her. Our first lesson with her was on Wednesday. She told us all of the things she was going through. She has been through an awful lot. We testified to her over and over again that even though she has had all of these horrible things happen to her, her Heavenly Father loved her so much. I told her: "He knows you perfectly, Better than you know yourself. He knows exactly what you have been through and what you are going through. He wants desperately for you to be happy. He truly does. He gives us trials for us to learn. I have a testimony that he loves you so much. I know because I have felt of his undying love for me." Toward the end of the lesson you could tell she was starting to feel more at peace. We invited her to watch general conference and to pray and ask specific questions to be answered as she watched it. 
I don't believe you. Tanner is not getting baptized already. When did the first presidency change that point of doctrine? I though it was at the age of 8 years old was when you got baptized. I'm going to have to read section 84 of the doctrine of covenants again. 
Oh by the way we got transfer calls:) I'm staying another transfer here with Elder Carlisle:) 
I love you all so much!
Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment