Monday, March 21, 2016

Weston - January 11, 2016








I forgot to tell you about the Church Building. The Church started out as a Jewish Synagogue, after that a Greek Orthodox church and now Our church Bought it. Because its a historical building the church couldn't or wouldn't tear it down to build a more Mormon looking building:) 
We have two members in the ward that are Muslim converts. They both are very enthusiastic about the gospel. One of them even goes tracting by himself occasionally. They Both have very thick Arabic accents that can be hard to understand over the phone sometimes but they are great to work with. I thinking about learning Arabic but I don't have any books or anything to help me. From the Books of Mormon we have in Arabic I can learn how to write a little in Arabic. I know how to read and write numbers in Arabic and I know how to write Joseph Smiths name in Arabic but that's all I know for now.
We have an Investigator on Date for the 23 of January. Her Name is Tavana. Of all of the investigators I've had in the past She by far is the closest I've ever had to baptism. Please keep her, Elder Windley and Me in your prayers. She Knows everything is true she has confirmation from the spirit time and time again. She has committed to keep all of the commandments. Her biggest hand up is smoking. She's been doing really good though. We've given her lots tools to help her quit. We keep her really busy as well to keep her mind off of it. We have a lesson with her pretty much every day. She wants to be baptized so bad. Every time we talk about it she gets excited. If she stops smoking and comes to church next week we can baptize her the week after. 

We had a really bad storm yesterday. Its super cold outside now and all of the roads are now gigantic ice sheets. We had a really fun time yesterday biking:) We only fell like 5 times on the ice:) Don't worry though I'm straying warm and safe.
I love you all so much!
Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment